Monday, May 18, 2009

Book #18...

Afraid
Jack Kilburn

I've been reading J.A. Konrath since some time last year and I've been enjoying his writing. Sure, it's not exactly family-friendly reading, but I find his books to be a good change of pace where I don't have to think too much and I can jump in and out of the story whenever I feel.

While stumbling around the web I discovered that Konrath had written a new book under the name Jack Kilborn and decided that I should read it. But I forgot about it until I was wandering through the Seattle airport and saw it sitting on a shelf. So I bought it and dove in.

This is definitely not a detective mystery like the other books he has written. It's not good reading for those with a weak stomach, or with too vivid of an imagination as it might keep you awake at night for weeks to come. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's classified as a horror.

But, once again I was sucked in and found that the short sections (there actually are no chapters in this book) made it easy to pick the book up and set it down at almost any given time.

Good read.

No comments: