Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Catalyst West Review (part 7)...

Continuing with some thoughts of Thursday, April 23rd.

Jud Wilhite used a creative visual for his talk (his summary notes are here) that I'm bound to steal for the future. He wrote words on a mirror that could reflect how we view ourself. Then at the end he smashed the mirror revealing the words "In Christ" (or something close to that). I've since seen a similar version pop up here at Josh Griffin's blog too.

If it works, it works.

Brian Houston may not have captured me much with his overall content, but his lead in words sunk in and bounced around.

"I'd rather be a church builder than a church critic."

I'll be the first to admit that I'm often cynical and somewhat lacking in hope, particularly when it comes to the "church". It's Brian's words that keep echoing to remind me that my focus needs to be building, not just critiquing. I usually forget the building part.

Would I rather be a church builder or a church critic?

2 comments:

brad said...

I'm going to try the glass smashing at a retreat this weekend. I really hope I don't kill someone with the shards. It's my first talk

Unknown said...

wear safety glasses.