Monday, May 25, 2009

Offline...

I woke up Saturday and wondered what I got myself into. I usually do a little morning blog reading in between cinnamon buns and soccer, so when there was no soccer to watch it made the commitment to being offline that much more difficult.

It got a little easier as the weekend went on.

In fact, I was quite surprised by how quickly I adjusted. I know it was only 2 days, but I figured I would spend 2 days fully regretting it. I didn't. Instead I find myself thinking I should do this more often.

It gave me some more time with the kids, more time outside, more time to read, more time with my wife. It's somewhat discouraging to think of how much time I've wasted away in front of this computer when I could be spending the time more appropriately with real life human beings.

What's next? I need to come up with some sort of plan for computer usage. I'll work on that and get back to you. I'm not going to go dark. But I will try to be more selective about when I'm online.

No comments: